2009 University of Maryland
Student Video Competition
Congratulations to the Vid/Terp 2009 winners. All of the entries demonstrated great talent, creativity and interest in academic and student life here at Maryland.
The six winning videos were selected by a panel of judges that included:
- Kaylee Haggerty and her 30 art students -- North Point High School in Charles County, Md.
- Dena Headlee -- TV Producer and Audio/Visual Production Specialist, National Science Foundation
- Eun Yang -- Reporter and Anchor, WRC-TV Washington, D.C.
- Ellen Ternes -- Terp Alum and Communications Specialist, Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management, NOAA
- Heather Rodriguez -- IT Coordinator, Academic Technology, UM College of Arts and Humanities
- Allan Rough -- Manager, Nonprint Media Services, UM Libraries
- Ray Regimbal -- Marketing Assistant, UM Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1st Place - Building A Better World - Engineers Without Borders
2nd Place - Film Cooling - It's Not Brain Surgery, It's Rocket Science
Honorable Mention - Technology, Public Policy, and National Security
1st Place - The Outdoor Recreation Center
2nd Place - We're Just A Wandering
Honorable Mention - Welcome to the Language House
Honorable Mention - Promethean Board Technology for Today's Diverse Classroom
James Britt Boice
Congratulations to all our Vid/Terp participants!
Now in its third year, Vid/Terp is a campus-wide video competition hosted by the Office of University Communications. The competition offers undergraduate and graduate students a chance to win prizes for making a three-minute video highlighting an area of study or research or interesting, exciting or impactful aspects of life at Maryland.
Organized by the Office of University Communications