For Immediate Release
September 14, 2009
Contacts: Millree Williams, 301 405 4621 or firstname.lastname@example.org
President Obama To Hold Health Care Rally at Maryland
- President Barack Obama holds a health care rally on the campus of the University of Maryland in College Park.
- Thursday, September 17, 2009, 11 a.m. Doors open at 9 a.m.
Directions to Comcast Center
- This is the third time Mr. Obama has come to College Park since 2006, but his first as President. Obama campaigned for then-U.S. Representative Ben Cardin when he was running for a U.S. Senate seat in 2006, and held a huge campaign rally at Comcast in February, 2008. This will be his third event to promote health care reform since his speech to a Joint Session of Congress, and it is expected to draw a large crowd. The rally will be free and open to the public. Space is available on a first come, first served basis. No ticket is required. Doors will open at 9 a.m. and the rally is expected to start at 11 a.m.
Members of the general public should use public transportation.
Limited handicapped parking will be available in the Terrapin Trail/Arena Garage off of Route 193.
All attendees will go through airport-like security and should bring as few personal items as possible. No bags, no sharp objects, no umbrellas, no liquids, no strollers, and no signs will be allowed into the venue. Cameras are permitted.
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND EXPERTS:
- The University of Maryland has a number of faculty experts who can talk health care from every angle. Call University Communications and let us know how we can help provide context for your coverage. See links to our expert "Hot Topic" lists below.
- UMTV COVERAGE:
- UMTV - The University of Maryland's cable television station will carry the President's health care rally live on Campus Cable 38, as well as in Prince George's and Montgomery Counties (Check local listings for channels). UMTV will also stream the event on its website (Real Networks plug in required for your browser).
- Press Entrance: SE Gate
Press Pre-Set Time: 4:00 am ET - 5:00 am ET (All equipment must be dropped at the site by 5 a.m.; media
will not have access to their equipment from 5 am until 9 a.m.).
Press access: 9:00 a.m. ET Press final access: 10:30 a.m. ET
Throw: 55 ft
Cable Run: 800 ft
Satellite Truck Parking: Satellite trucks park in lot K4. There are several audio and video tie lines
from Comcast Center Engine room (located by the loading dock entrance) to lot K4.
- Contact for press logistical information only: Brandon Lepow 202-503-5463 or BLepow@who.eop.gov.
University of Maryland: Millree Williams: Senior Director for Public Affairs Strategy; email@example.com; 301.405.4621; (Cell) 240.432.8199
White House Home Page
Health Care Policy Experts at Maryland
Swine Flu/Infectious Disease Experts